Thursday 17 May 2012

Down With the Sickness

I just wanted to give a quick update, since I haven't written for a few days.

I've spent most of today and yesterday in bed, trying to sleep off this illness. So I don't have very many interesting things to keep you informed about.

We had one outing yesterday that was pretty cool. One of our co-workers, named Anita, brought us shopping at two different markets--the Delhi Hut and the Kaan Market (I've probably spelled those wrong). I was excited to get out and see some new stuff. I bought two sweet purple shirts and some really cool, baggy, Aladdin-style pants. But wowee! It was hot! Anita said it was 42 degrees Celsius, which is 107 Fahrenheit. So. . .imagine you are coughing and sneezing and you have a headache, then you spend a few hours in that kind of heat. How would you feel afterwards? Fortunately I had brought a water bottle with me!

When we got home I went back to bed. Today I played it safe and didn't go anywhere while the sun was out. It's unfortunate that I have to miss so many days of work during my first week, but I'm sure everyone in the office would rather I stay home than come in and cough all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment